Synapse Electronic, a socially responsible and involved company!
TWO OF OUR KEY PRIORITIES: THE ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Since its foundation, Synapse Electronics has demonstrated a strong desire to preserve the planet and played a leading role in protecting the environment and ensuring sustainable development. From the outset, this has influenced the choices we have made, starting with the transformation of an old textile plant into our administrative offices and production areas.
Our environmental approach revolves around the following initiatives:
- Production plant with low GGEs
- Recovery program including 100% of our waste*: plastic, cardboard, electronic parts, rubbish, etc.
- Selection of green raw materials
- Conservation of energy applied in all our operations
*We are proud to announce that in 2015 the company’s recovery program has been profitable for the first time.
SUSTAINED SOCIAL INVOLVEMENT
Synapse Electronics is involved within the local community at a number of levels, particularly with respect to sponsoring social initiatives or sporting activities. Our commitment goes much further than that. Indeed, we are a proud foundation member of Électro-Mauricie, a dynamic association of firms in the electronic and electromechanical sectors, who allow their members to share their expertise and engage in joint efforts, particularly when it comes to manpower training and recruitment.
ARTICLE DE LA PRESSE (In French only)
ARTICLE DE LA VILLE DE SHAWINIGAN (In French only)
DONATIONS AND SPONSORSHIPS
- Sponsor of Team 31 in the Classique Internationale de Canots de la Mauricie (Mauricie International Classic Canoe Race) in 2015 and 2016.
- Principal sponsor, as member of Électro-Mauricie, of the Half Marathon organized by the Shawinigan fire brigade in 2016 (in addition, Synapse Electronics encouraged its staff members to enter the event by covering part of the registration fees).
- Sponsor of the Half Marathon organized by the Shawinigan fire brigade from 2013 to 2015.
- Creation and sale of recipe books by our employees, to benefit Noël des Nôtres from 2010 to 2014.
In addition, thanks to the efforts of our social committee, every year we contribute various amounts to different causes such as Enfant Soleil and the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation.